All websites experience outages or bugs at some point. We came this page updated with site interruptions and bug reports, as well as notifications when we have resolved issues.
If you experience a site outage or bug on Whooo's Reading that is not listed below, please let us know! You can tell us about an issue by following these instructions for How to Report an Error.
Aug 20th, 2023 - Google Classroom Sync - FIXED
Google Classroom syncing is not working. This is our top priority to resolve. We understand this issue is blocking the use of Whooo's Reading for many, and we're doing everything we can to resolve it.
-Details: Google Classroom rostering sync currently halts with an error message, and classes cannot be synced. We are troubleshooting and working with Google to resolve this issue. We know what the fix will be, but we have hoops we have to jump through to get that fix in place.
Try this alternative method using Class Codes – this method seems to be working when creating new student accounts via Google, but not when trying to log into existing Google-linked student accounts.
-Update 2023-08-29: We have a meeting scheduled for August 30th with the integrations team who can assist us with this issue, then one of our developers is prepared to jump on the resolution.
-Update 2023-08-30: We are being set up with a new GCP account and test environment so we can troubleshoot this issue and create the fix. It will take a few days to get the account set up, then we will work as fast as we can to fix the issue.
-Update 2023-09-06: We have been set up with access to the necessary GCP account, and are now working on setting up a Google Classroom integration environment.
-Update 2023-09-11: We are still waiting on the permissions we need to set up a Google Classroom integration environment. We're doing everything we can to expedite.
-Update 2023-09-13: After trying many avenues and being met with roadblock after roadblock outside of our control, we have finally found an alternative avenue that has resolved this issue. We appreciate the patience during this frustrating cockroach of a bug.
September 11, 2023 - Book Search - FIXED
Occasional Issue - The book search does not load all results for some queries. We have other priorities at the moment. There is a workaround for this issue, when needed – adding books manually.
-Details: The books search tool pulls two groups of search results, the first being our own database of results, and the second being a query of Goodreads search results. The latter is not loading into results, causing a spinning wheel at the bottom of the first group of search results. In most cases, the first group of results is all that is needed. In other cases when the book is not listed, the title can be added manually.
September 12, 2023 - Automatic Scoring - BEING MONITORED
Occasional Issue - Some quizzes are taking longer to be scored due to server overload. Quizzes with no scores will be rescored within 24-48 hours.
-Details: The server that supports our autograder is getting overwhelmed. We will be restarting the server nightly for a week or so while we work on getting this transferred to another server that will better support the scoring AI processes. Any quizzes without scores will pass back through the autograder to receive a score.
September 27, 2023 - Quiz Errors (Data, Scores, Goals) - FIXED
Students who are using Whooo's Reading for their second year and beyond are able to take a quiz for a book they quizzed on in previous school years. This is not intended, and when a book is connected to more than one quiz, it causes various areas of the program to break.
-Details: Issues caused by this bug include:
- Student progress toward their goals might not line up with what they've completed this school year, due to a duplicate quiz under another date in a previous school year skewing the data for that book.
- Teacher/admin data pages may display an error when trying to view the details of a quiz under a book that has a duplicate quiz tied to it.
- Teacher/admin data may display incorrect quiz scores due to a duplicate quiz score for that book hiding under another quiz from a previous school year.
October 25, 2023 - Trouble deleting / viewing quizzes - FIXED
This issue is two-fold: 1) Teachers cannot delete quizzes via the Data page. 2) Some quizzes are giving errors when trying to view them via teacher or student accounts. These two issues seem to be linked, and we will be looking into the error logs and recent changes that could have caused the issue so we can resolve it. In the meantime, we are refreshing the deleted quizzes so they do not show an error when viewed.
- The current workaround is to submit a quiz back to a student for revision rather than deleting it. If you need a quiz deleted, reach out to support with the student's name and the book title for the quiz and we can delete it on our end.
November 9, 2023 - Inaccurate Data/Goals statistics and exports - NEXT IN LINE
Data numbers are sometimes including numbers from previous goal periods in the current goal period, inflating the numbers. This is only happening under the Goals tab of the Data page, and using the Goals options of the bulk data export tool. We're working on resolving this.
- The current workaround is to find the statistics you're looking for under Other Stats (via the Goals tab), or on the Quizzes, Books, or other tabs. All data pages are accurate except the Goals tab, which is sometimes inflated. Use same workaround for data exports, going through data options other than Goals to get the information you need. Goals statistics repeat under other categories, such as "Additional Metrics."