Step 1 – Roster your students (if they aren’t already) –
- If your school used a school-wide rostering method, students may be already rostered before you login to your account. In other cases, you will need to create your account and roster your students. Your school’s rostering method, chosen by an admin, will be included in an email from your Whooo’s Reading representative.
Step 2 – Set custom goals for your students –
- Goals are the driving force behind your students’ success on Whooo’s Reading. You can customize goals anytime and differentiate them for students’ various skill levels.
Step 3 – Get students logged in and working toward your goals –
- Share our student tutorial video with students to get them excited.
- How students log in depends on your rostering method. You can find usernames and passwords for your students on the Roster page.
- Students can see their progress towards their goals and assignments on their dashboard, under My Goals and My Activities (the activities section will only show when there are activities assigned).
- Students can search for a book by clicking on an activity on their dashboard, or add a book manually if it’s not listed (Whooo’s Reading works with any book or text).
- As students write responses, they will receive real-time feedback and tips for improving their answer from our friendly owl sidekick, Owlfonso.
- Students can view past work (or saved drafts) on their My Shelf page, or check out what other students are reading on the Class Shelf.
Step 4 – Monitor data in your account and check in with students –
- Track incoming student work and statistics on your Data page.
- Data can be printed or downloaded using the icons in the top right of data pages.
Step 5 – Explore other features available in Whooo’s Reading –
- You can assign specific titles and tasks to students.
- While Quizzes and Book Reviews are intended for when books are finished, the Reading Log, Practice Questions, and Question Builders are great options for middle-of-the-book activities.
- Intervention Exercises target specific standards or skills students need to practice.
- To fine-tune your Whooo’s Reading experience, explore your Settings page.
- Visit the Help Center to easily search for questions you have along the way!