You will need to tell your browser to allow pop-ups in order to open and print PDFs of login information or student work on Whooo's Reading. Below is how to allow pop-ups in common browsers.
In Google Chrome:
- Go to the page that has pop-ups blocked for you.
- In the address bar, click Pop-up blocked.
- Click the link for the pop-up window you'd like to see.
- To always see pop-ups for the site, select Always allow pop-ups from [site] and then Done.
If the network administrator at your school set up the pop-up blocker for you, you won't be able to change this setting yourself.
To access the pop-up blocker settings outside of the steps above:
- Click on the menu icon in the top right and choose Settings.
- From the left, click on Privacy and security.
- Click Site Settings.
- Click Popups and redirects.
5. Under Allow, click ADD to the right.
6.Type in this exactly: [*.]whooosreading.org
7. Click Add.
In Mozilla Firefox:
When blocking a pop-up, Firefox displays an information bar (if it hasn’t been previously dismissed – see below), as well as an icon in the address bar.
When you click either the Preferences button in the info bar or the icon in the address bar, a menu is displayed. Choose the "Allow/Block pop-ups for this site" option.
To access the pop-up blocker settings in Firebox outside of the options above:
- Click the menu bar, click Firefox and choose Preferences.
- Select the Privacy & Security panel.
- On the right, click on Exceptions to open a dialog box with a list of sites that you allow to display pop-ups.
- Add www.whooosreading.org and app.whooosreading.org to the exceptions list by typing each into the box and clicking Allow.
To allow pop-ups in Safari:
1. From the Safari menu, choose Preferences:
2. Click the Websites tab.
3. Scroll down on the menu to the left and click on Pop-up Windows.
4. The website you are on will show in the Currently Open Websites area. To the right of the url, you will see the default setting of Block and Notify.
4. Select Allow from the drop-down settings.