In Google Chrome:
- Go to the page that has pop-ups blocked for you.
- In the address bar, click Pop-up blocked.
- Click the link for the pop-up window you'd like to see.
- To always see pop-ups for the site, select Always allow pop-ups from [site] and then Done.
If the network administrator at your school set up the pop-up blocker for you, you won't be able to change this setting yourself.
To access the pop-up blocker settings outside of the steps above:
- Click on the menu icon in the top right and choose Settings.
- Scroll down and click Advanced.
- Click Content Settings.
- Click Popups.
- Under Allow, click ADD to the right.
- Type in this exactly: [*.]whooosreading.org
- Click Add.
In Mozilla Firefox:
When blocking a pop-up, Firefox displays an information bar (if it hasn’t been previously dismissed – see below), as well as an icon in the address bar.
When you click either the Preferences button in the info bar or the icon in the address bar, a menu is displayed. Choose the "Allow/Block pop-ups for this site" option.
To access the pop-up blocker settings in Firebox outside of the options above:
- Click the menu button and choose Preferences.
- Select the Privacy & Security panel.
- Click on Exceptions to open a dialog box with a list of sites that you allow to display pop-ups.
- Add www.whooosreading.org and app.whooosreading.org to the exceptions list by typing each into the box and clicking Allow.
There isn't any exception list to allow pop-ups for specific websites in Safari. It's an all-or-nothing, unfortunately.
To allow all pop-ups in Safari:
From the Safari menu, choose Preferences:
Click the Security tab.
Ensure the Block pop-up windows option is not checked. Unchecking this option will allow pop-ups.
To block pop-ups again later, re-check the Block pop-up windows checkbox.